SER&P, in its continuous path of specialization in Cyber Security, has qualified as a Certified Partner for Libraesva solutions, thus starting a partnership to develop new opportunities and to offer an increasingly complete service to its customers in Email Security and Governance area.
THE EMAIL PROBLEM
E-mail is the main means of corporate communication. It is estimated that currently over 300 billion emails are sent and received daily all over the world and this is a number destined to grow. It is therefore no wonder that email is the preferred tool for spreading cyber attacks. Furthermore, it is clear that everything that travels by email constitutes a precious trace of the work done in the company and preserving this information from accidental loss must be considered a priority.
Therefore, it is essential to have complete protection and it is necessary to have a more effective solution that protects corporate communications and provides a thorough analysis of all incoming and outgoing messages.
Relying on cloud providers that offer specific collaboration solutions and that include mail management is not enough (e.g. Microsoft 365 and Google G Suite).
Libraesva Partnership, Email Security and Governance
Libraesva is an Italian company that has established itself as a supplier of one of the most advanced email security technologies in the world. In particular, Libraesva’s Email Security Gateway (ESG) is the solution named by Virus Bulletin as the best email security solution. A prestigious recognition that Libraesva has been winning for several years.
By strengthening email analysis policies, Libraesva Email Security protects employees from targeted attacks, such as malware, zero-day and phishing, and from new generation spam, thanks to innovative sandboxing features and 14 levels of anti-spam, anti-virus, anti-trojan and anti-malware analysis
Libraesva Email Security is a solution that can be integrated with any mail server. The solution has recently integrated the brand new Threats Analysis Portal which allows the customer to have a complete view of the threats intercepted, comparing them with global statistics.
In addition to the Email Security Gateway, Libraesva has developed two other solutions:
- Load Balancer: a solution dedicated to balancing mail loads.
- Email Archiver: a solution for archiving emails.
In particular, thanks to the Libraesva Email Archiver solution, SER&P has implemented its own Back In Time Mail Archiver service, a solution for Email Security and Governance.
When does archiving become a necessity
It happens that an employee or colleague leaves the company and, before doing so, he deletes all the emails from his computer, or that some company PCs are infected with a virus and all the emails, with the relative attachments, are no longer accessible unless you pay a ransom.
How to recover that information?
Backup-up is not a valid solution for several reasons, even if automated and performed daily.
- It is a generally limited snapshot of email data and retains copies of entire datasets for a short period of time
- It does not meet the archiving requirements because emails can be deleted once they are received or before the backup is performed
- It cannot guarantee full tamper-proof archiving with encryption
- It does not make it easier to find, recover and restore data when needed
- Performing regular backups on an entire dataset takes a long time and it therefore carries risks
Keeping track of all these emails is complex but necessary; an Email Archiver can be a valid solution to face this challenge and meet the related requirements.
- It is a secure storage for all emails, both incoming and outgoing, which are archived within an ad-hoc space for an infinite period of time
- It guarantees the inalterability of the content, even when new emails, that need to be archived, are added
- It stores the exact copies of each email in a central archive upon receipt or sending, always guaranteeing availability and reliability
- It improves employee productivity by making it easier and faster to search for lost or deleted emails and mail server performance by safely removing old emails from your inbox and archive
- It makes data available and accessible in case of downtime, reducing the risk of data loss
- It guarantees conditional and controlled access to sensitive data, in compliance with the GDPR regulation and supports the figure of the Privacy Officer
Libraesva Email Archiver is scalable and compliant with current regulation, it features encryption and certification with legal value. It was created to protect emails and corporate data, keeping them in an environment developed with the latest technologies, in order to protect both the data placed in physical servers and those stored in cloud environments, also targets of the latest forms of cyber attacks.
If you are interested in Libraesva solutions, contact us