In the context of an increasingly competitive global and local market, quality management becomes an indispensable requirement, constituting an element of differentiation from unqualified competition, acting as a strategic commercial tool capable of improving the organization’s image and credibility. The definition of quality is not, nor can it be, unambiguous, as it is now known that it must be defined with respect to the ability of a product or process to satisfy the needs, expressed or latent, of consumers and / or customers. The application of quality in software products has taken on a central role also thanks to the awareness that it is cheaper to avoid making mistakes than to try to eliminate them at the end of the production process. In this way, the costs to be attributed to errors are minimized as soon as the company is able to continuously manage and improve the processes from the point of view of quality, mitigating the causes of the defects identified in the software products. SER & Practices has cultivated high-profile skills in this regard both by virtue of its proximity to research environments on software engineering and thanks to the international collaborations and partnerships launched, such as that with the University of Castilla La Mancha and AQCLab, which have made the company involved and informed of all developments related to the family of ISO 25000 standards and in some cases protagonists, as for ISO25012 and ISO25024, in the definition of methods and in the development of data quality assessment tools. SER&Practices was the first company in Italy and the fourth in Europe to certify a software product. The quality assessment services provided by the company are:
- Product quality. The output of the product quality assessment service consists of a report showing the quality status of the product analyzed.
- standard ISO/IEC 25010:2011.
- Products used: Kiuwan; Micro Focus Fortify;
- Process quality. The service can be used on several levels which provide the following outputs in ascending order: production of a map of the interventions; design of the new process; evaluation of the new process; institutionalization plan of the results.
- Standard: Quality Management Standard ISO 9001:2015, ISO 15504 ecc
- Products used: GQM; QIP; Metric sheets.